Therapeutic Massage in Corona
Therapeutic massage uses physical touch to manipulate the muscles and soft tissues of the body. There are many types of massage therapy, each focused on delivering results that include improved flexibility, circulation, relaxation, and elimination or prevention of scar tissue. At Rejuvenate Chiropractic Spa, we are pleased to offer professional massage treatment near Corona as a primary or complementary solution to promote healing and rejuvenation.
The Benefits of Combining Massage Therapy with Chiropractic Care
Massage therapy and chiropractic care are often recommended as complementary therapies. These two treatment options offer a range of benefits, even when sought separately—together, their combined benefits can offer patients faster, more effective long-term relief from pain and stress.
- Patients who receive both massage therapy and chiropractic care for injuries or illnesses exhibit faster recovery times as the entire body works together in concert to heal and restore itself.
- Receiving a massage just prior to chiropractic adjustment can make the adjustment process easier and more effective because your muscles are more relaxed and less likely to cause resistance that could diminish the effects of your adjustment.
- Chronic stress and muscle tension can lead to subluxations that require chiropractic treatment to address. In addition to its physical benefits, massage therapy is an excellent relaxation technique that can reduce overall mental stress, eliminating the root cause of your pain.
- When used together, massage and chiropractic adjustment can achieve more effective results in terms of mobility and flexibility because the muscles and joints of the body must work together for proper movement.
Getting the Most from Your Massage
Therapeutic massage is a chance for your body and mind to receive the dedicated care needed for healing and relaxation. A few key tips can help you get the most from your massage therapy for faster recovery and improved wellness every day. You can schedule a massage in Corona by calling Rejuvenate Chiropractic Spa at (951) 279-8900.
- Communicate: Communication is the key to an effective massage. Discuss symptoms such as stiffness and pain with your massage therapist to determine the best areas of focus during your treatment. Don’t be afraid to speak up during your massage to take an active role in your treatment—you’ll achieve the best results when you and your massage therapist are on the same page.
- Relax: Massage works best when you are relaxed. Take the time during your massage to focus on relaxation, rather than updating your mental “to do” list. Avoid eating a heavy meal right before your massage therapy session; if you think you’ll be hungry, have a piece of fruit or small snack so you’ll feel comfortable but not overly full.