Acupuncture in Corona
Acupuncture is a natural healing technique that places thin needles in specific parts of the body to balance the flow of life energy within. Although this form of therapy originated in Ancient China, it is still used effectively today to provide healing and pain relief for a wide variety of ailments. If you’re seeking acupuncture treatments near Corona, Rejuvenate Chiropractic Spa offers traditional acupuncture options coupled with modern medicine’s latest wellness innovations. We also offer massage therapy, chiropractic care, skin care, and more in our relaxing and modern spa environment.
Conditions Acupuncture Can Treat
Acupuncture is used to provide treatment for a wide variety of chronic and acute conditions. During acupuncture, needles or other stimuli are applied to specific points on your body, each of which relate to energy flow and health in various systems of the body. You may benefit from acupuncture therapy if you suffer from:
- Lower back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Migraines or other chronic headaches
- Allergies (pollen, hay fever, food, etc.)
- Severe menstrual cramps or irregular cycles
- Tennis elbow
- Nausea or vomiting related to pregnancy or chemotherapy
Your Acupuncture Treatment
Acupuncture is a safe and comfortable treatment option to help you feel more relaxed and healthy. Knowing what to expect can help you feel more comfortable and confident during your first appointment. If you have questions or would like to schedule your acupuncture therapy in Corona, contact Rejuvenate Chiropractic Spa at (951) 279-8900.
- First, you’ll meet with your acupuncturist to discuss where and how treatment will take place. In some cases, the points used during acupuncture are far from the places where you feel pain or other symptoms. If you’ll need to remove certain clothing, your acupuncturist will let you know ahead of time and you’ll have the opportunity to wear a robe, towel, or sheet so you are comfortable.
- Once you are ready to receive acupuncture therapy, you’ll lie comfortably on a padded table. A typical acupuncture treatment session may use between five and 20 needles, depending upon your needs. These needles are very thin; they are gently placed into your skin such that in most cases, you won’t feel any discomfort at all. Some people do report feeling a mild aching sensation when a needle reaches the right depth.
- After all the needles have been placed, your acupuncturist may manipulate them by twirling, adding heat, or using mild electrical stimulation. The needles will typically remain in place in the right points for 10-20 minutes to restore proper energy flow. During this time, you can relax comfortably.
- Once your treatment is complete, the acupuncture needles will be painlessly removed and discarded for sterility.